The U500:, is a certified dual‐band integrated device, purpose‐built for the Usage Based Insurance (UBI), telematics, and fleet management markets. Providing easy plug‐and‐play installation, the U500 is designed for passenger cars, light trucks, and service vans.
The U500 is an innovative plug‐n‐play device with internal antennas, providing complete GSM/GPRS communications. It supports a host of vehicle engine OBDII permitted protocols while still providing customizable Spider MT features including GPS location, ignition, geo‐fencing, trip reporting and events. Combined with the on‐board 3‐axis accelerometer, the U500 also has built‐in threshold events to capture metrics critical to effective fleet and insurance monitoring such as excessive engine speed, rapid acceleration, harsh braking, speed violations, and excessive idling.
Optimized for the mass market, this unit can capture and monitor information for today’s most demanding fleet and vehicle recovery applications, relaying vehicle and driver behaviour information on rapid acceleration, harsh braking, speed violations, and excessive idling. With an optional battery for communications when power is lost, the U500 is optimized for a host of vertical markets where critical vehicle information is required.
- GPS Enabled.
- Ignition sense.
- Vehicle diagnostics and reporting capabilities.
- Supports a host of OBDII permitted protocols.
- Compact, lightweight, low profile design.
- Optimized 3‐axis accelerometer for driver behaviour monitoring.
- Flexible customization through built‐in programmable rules engine.
- Compact, economical IP based platform.
- Full GPS/GSM/GPRS Connectivity.
- Voice and data features.
- Customizable alert e‐mail notifications.
- Economical, low monthly service plans